Monday, February 15, 2010

Breathing

Is there ever a time as a new(ish) Mom that you ever get to breathe again? I have a WONDERFUL little 6 and a half month old boy and he is great,but he constantly needs my attention. Not to mention the laundry, dishes and dinner that needs to be made with little to no help around the house. I love my husband, but honestly, he comes home from work and stays attached to the computer or Xbox for the rest of the night before giving his 15-20 minutes of "quality time" to the baby.
Its really frustrating, he gets to go take 2 hour baths and relax and I am going 800 miles an hour twenty-four hours a day. I'm the one who gets up with the baby, I'm the one who feeds him, bathes him, plays with him, feeds everyone does it all. I just wonder when will there be time for ME?
I wouldn't change being a Mom for anything in the world, but when I feel like I am doing it all myself it is just A LOT to do.
I also tend to feel like with all I do, I've accomplished nothing throughout the day. As I look around me I see that it seems like nothing has been done. I don't have a support system. I don't have my family to lean on, yes from a distance I do. But all of my family and my friends are 3000 miles away. I have a few friends here, but I don't see them a lot and it isn't the same dynamic I had at home, since I've moved nearly 5 years ago, I haven't felt like ME.
I feel like I've lost myself somewhere and when things pile up on me it just starts to snowball and I never get a chance to breathe.
Maybe someday, though I don't know when.

2 comments:

  1. Came over from Kristin's blog. Congrats on your sweet baby boy...it's fun to read what's on your mind. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete